Sunday, June 30, 2013

Binding, Binding, & Bound

Our spring summer started out with activities that were more in demand than quilting. So I have not had any to post…until now
I had put a couple of tops in to get quilted these were the ones I showed previously well they are done!
This one below is just called sunshine I wanted a yellow quilt and these blocks I had bought at a guild members boutique someone had handed in their BOM I put the gold around them to make them bigger and then went a little further by putting them on point.
I found Tammy Murphy through a guild member and asked if she had time to quilt these just a pantograph design. I share the wealth with LAQ everybody deserves a share of quilting my quilts.
CIMG1425
CIMG1426
I met her at the house and we discussed thread and pantograph design, she was surprised it only took about 15min I knew the color and the design she has a wall of threads. It is hard to tell the design on this one due to the color closeness but she did a fabulous job!
CIMG1427
Do you like the backing fabric I love it got it Sew Sisters a while back, same with the border fabric. All the fabrics were picked from the `grand stash`
CIMG1428
The one below is the second beast loved the pantograph and thread we picked for this it went the theme of blooms. I am just finishing the binding on this one. It is big!!
CIMG1429
I hope with the photo`s you can see the binding fabric I picked it was not easy to find in my `grand stash` but this goes with both sides and you will see below why I want both sides
CIMG1430
I love the fabric I put on the back and the quilting of the pantographs is so close that it is a great filler and a perfect `second quilt` This was an asian fabric that was on sale at The Quilt Store believe me I paid less than 7dollars a meter for it I was very very happy….but it was a while ago when they had a sale and so it was pulled from the stash I must have bought the whole bolt cause I was able to use it all on the back this is not a small quilt sorry I can`t remember the measurements but it could fit a king almost.
CIMG1431
CIMG1432
I am trying to get it so that you can see the quilting I hope you can…
CIMG1433
Then there is this wee quilt that is going away on a swap I was in…due to unforseen circumstances it is arriving late but that is okay my partner understood and I hope it is worth her wait.
CIMG1434
Well I am not sure when I will be posting again I have taken a great turn towards my gardens this year and it is paying off, the weather has been fabulous with enough rain to make everything happy, I am just starting to feel like doing a little quilting again we will see what happens If not please have a wonderful Summer and enjoy our weather

7 comments:

  1. Deb they are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your yellow quilt - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous quilts! Tammy did a great job quilting them. Hope you are doing well. I am in my garden all the time too. So far it's been a great year and I patiently wait for fresh tomatoes, beans and cucumbers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty quilts......love the golden one especially!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your yellow quilt! The sashing is so special and the backing is a superb choice. Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, as busy as you've been it's no wonder you don't have time to post blogs! These are great quilts, and so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous qulits and just love all the backings and the bindings! Goodness, but I am in for a treat when I come to visit in August!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...