Friday, January 29, 2016

January is not as long as you think

 So you think January is the longest month next thing you know you are looking at the last weekend of January! Where did it go?! We barely had any snow so far which is great for a Chihuahua residence.

I posted about this quilt I am working on well I finally have the blocks done and have it on the design wall.

There are only 526 HST triangles but lets not forget I am also going to do a double border of them as well so not done yet.

 So as you can see it here there is lots of space for some groovy modern quilting. I can`t do it myself but need to know who can in the Eastern Toronto-Oshawa area or who wants too.

I think I mentioned in the other post this is from Quiltmaker magazine I am posting the picture because I wanted to show how different a quilts personality changes with fabric choices.

Here are some selfies of Buddy saying enough I want so lap time and me with fabric on the forehead, I did not realize until after that I was also wearing the fabric these are the little corners clipped off the HST
Hope you are enjoying January as much as I did  with theis first project almost completed.

4 comments:

  1. Lookin' good there, Buddy! You are so funny wearing your fabric. I like the contrasting colours in your quilt better than the ones in the magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have tons of patience to do all those HST's! And you're going to do more ..... OMG. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is looking absolutely gorgeous! Changing the fabrics really does make a difference to the look of the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous quilt -- Daryl's wings would definitely complete the look.

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...